SC - What's been happening?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Aug 17 10:51:08 PDT 1998

> I only turned my back on the dog for a couple of minutes -- she
> knocked a container of grease on the floor.  When I went back to
>the kitchen, I slipped, fell, and broke my leg just below the knee.
>Had surgery on the 29th to put the bone back together with metal
>rods, screws  and nuts & bolts. <snip>

	I have had some bad/funny-now  experiences with my dogs and
cooking, like the time I was making an OVO pouch out of dough (Order of
the Velvet Owl, Meridian Kingdom A&S award, it was for a contest that
required making an OVO pouch out of the medium you got your OVO for) and
my dog managed to eat several pieces of the construct during two
different episodes!  I guess I feel slightly better now, at least I
didn't break anything as a result (although the dog came close).  I did
manage to finish the project - An OVO pouch made of cookie dough, hinged
with fruit leather, complete with a music box mechanism inside that
played 'Greensleeves' when the lid was lifted.  (I won the contest).

> My friend said my name should go down in history - when
>the EMT's  arrived to cart me off, I was checking the bread in the oven
>and I made them take it out before we left!
> Leanna of Sparrowhaven

Well of course, you wouldn't want to add burnt bread to your list of
catastrophies!  Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, I hope you are healing
well and will be back to baking and all of your other pursuits soon.
Perhaps we should consider a "How to Stay out of Trouble When Mom is in
the Kitchen" seminar for our furry friends!

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies