Recipes for mice (was Re: SC - Pennsic news)

kat kat at kagan.com
Thu Aug 20 11:53:38 PDT 1998

Korrin writes:

>> Ducking and running like the fleet footed Viking kitchen mouse
>> I am...

and Tyrca replies:

> Watch out, I know for sure we have a couple of cats in here!!

Hmmmm, a period recipe for Viking mouse???

Take one barn, preferably thatched.  Surround.  Remove all animals
larger than mice.  Throw torches on roof.

Presto!  Not only does your dinner come flambe' but it's also delivered
straight to you...  ;-)

Seriously, sca-cooks cats have MUCH better things to eat than sca-
cooks mice...

Obligatory OT:  *Is* there any truth to that tale about the Arabic
delicacy of dipping baby mice in honey and swallowing them whole?
I've been wondering about that for years....

	- kat

- ---kat griffith, editor---
This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.