SC - OT - Scatologically named shire...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 22 21:27:05 PDT 1998

Ron and Lori wrote:
> I live on the American/Canadian border in the shire of Shittemwoode in the
> kingdom of An Tir and there are two Smarties.

Adamantius then answered:
>Hey, you guys are the ones that mailed me a stuffed rabbit to present to
>Viscount Sir Edward Zifran of Gendy, aren't you? I believe your shire is his
>original home in the SCA...what the devil was that rabbit called, anyway? I
>think he was supposed to be a squire or some such...

It would appear that the rabbit has some connection with the shire. The
following is excerpted from the placenames-msg file in the SCA-STORIES
section of my Florilegium files:

=========
Shittemwoode: official explanation: the wood that the arc of the covenant
  was made from.  Unofficial: hey, this was the group that Fast Eddie --
  er, excuse me, Viscount Sir Edward Zifran -- founded.  And they have
  a drowning rabbit carrying a shepards crook for their arms...
=========

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net