SC - Ein Alemannisches Buchlien von guter Speise

Valoise Armstrong vjarmstrong at aristotle.net
Mon Aug 24 19:38:00 PDT 1998

Master Osgot wrote

>I have been working on translating this recipe collection and I would love
>to compare notes with anyone else interested in it.
>I have been working from a transcript of Ein Alemannisches Buchlien von
>guter Speise from the internet but I would like to get hold of a facsimile
>copy of the original as there are several points in the text where I believe
>an incorrect transcription has been made.
>I look forward to your comments

The transcription on Thomas Gloning's web page was done in the 19th C. by
Anton Birlinger and published in 1865. If you contacted Dr. Gloning he
could tell you more, but I was under the impression this is the only
transcription of that manuscript. I'm not sure what repository it's in, but
the 1865 publication was from Munich.

For those who asked, I don't have the exact url, maybe Bear does since he
was the one who asked for input. Gloning's wonderful bibliography on German
cookery, wine, etc. is at
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/cookbib.htm
You should be able to find his home page, Ein alemannisches Buchlein, and
an e-mail address from there.

Valoise