SC - That wonderful Edwardian house in Colorado

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 20:30:47 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/25/98 12:47:55 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

<<
 I am interested  in the  idea  of the desert flora yards and  clear skies for
 playing with the telescope, and  soalr power and passive heating. There are
plans
 in Mother Earth News for a metal and glass cooking oven  my lord wants to
play
 around with as well. There have been some  guys in the navy that have gotten
 decent jobs at the intel factory and they have talked in glowing terms  about
the
 areas. The fact I also love  the Tony Hillerman books  is besides the  point,
lol!

 margali >>

Xeriscaping can have quite beautiful results.  It's just that I have become
homesick for blue granite and green plants.  I grew up in the South, after
all.  The mountains out here look to me like they will wash away in a good
rainstorm.

I am really appalled at the dearth of solar power receptors out here.  With
300 days of sunshine a year, we're missing out on a lot of free energy.  There
are actually Home Owner Associations out here that do not allow solar
collectors if they are visible from the street.  Seems they think they are not
comely.

We do have a lot of ex-military out here, mostly Air Force, because until
recently there were two large Air Bases here.  But Willie closed a few years
back.

High Tech jobs are readily available.  Unemployment in general is much lower
than the national average.

As for Tony Hillerman: I too am a fan, but this isn't really his kind of
country.  You have to go about 500 miles northeast for that, up to the Four
Corners area.

Mordonna