SC - Food Handlers License

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Thu Aug 27 08:44:31 PDT 1998

Here is a newsflash from Wyoming.  Because of the discussion, I called
the State Enviornmental Health Officer.  It seems that Wyoming licenses
the entity, not the person.  Each kitchen should have one of the health
department certificates on the wall, and as long as the kitchen area is
papered, so to speak, so are all the cooks.  I see the immediate problem,
but evidently the State does not.  To further open a can of worms, the
little Community House where we hold our local events does not have this
certificate, and NEVER has.  Been there for 50 years.  The final fly in
the ointment is that the Community College where our Kingdom A&S will be
held has asked me to get a food handling permit, which the State says
they do not have.....

Aldyth