SC - TV News-OT-OOP

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Dec 2 13:42:10 PST 1998

kat wrote:

> The second item was a festive dish referred to as a "snapdragon."  The most information I could glean from the book was that it had *something* to do with raisins soaked in (presumably brandy) and lit afire.  They never outlined the procedure for the dish itself.

There's an explanation of snapdragon in Martin Gardner's edition of "The
Annotated 'Alice' ": I gather it's more of a game than a dish. The idea,
as I understand it, is to see who can grab the most raisins from the
bowl without burning him/herself, and before the flame goes out.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy