SC - Dog List

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Dec 3 12:08:16 PST 1998

hello,
my name is mirianna, and i have been reading and enjoying the cooks list
for about a month now with my room mate, who's address this is.   some
day i would like to meet you all, maybe if i ever get to pensic again.

portraits of the people.
many dogs are portraied in them,  as lap dogs, hunting hounds, etc.
several tomb carvings have a dog at the feet of the person or in the
folds of the skirts.  where do you think the name 'spitz' came from? they
were the dogs who ran on the spit to turn the meat.
dachunds were developed to go down the hole after the rabit or badger.
there is a legend that when mary queen of scots was beheaded a small dog
was discovered hidding in the folds of her skirts.   there are endless
sources of information on the subject.

mirianna wrenne of ravenswood