SC - English butter?

snowfire@sprynet.com snowfire at sprynet.com
Fri Dec 4 18:39:21 PST 1998

kat said...

>Micaylah, one of the cantons in our Barony has a "feast" every year
>(meat-provided potluck that they label a feast) in which each ticket has a
>recipe printed on the back.  Buy a ticket?  Make that recipe (or bring
>something similar, at least in the same category, i.e. starch, veggie,
>etc.)
>
>I've never been, it's an awkward time of year for us financially; but I
>understand the idea has been somewhat successful.  Sorry I can't give you a
>firsthand account.

The one I am proposing is a variation on this theme. We won't be selling
tickets, but I had planned on typing up documentation, sign up sheets
indicating how many dishes/gentles we need for each recipe, which are v.
friendly, recipes and the shopping lists. Too easy in our day of 'puters.
That way each one can choose what they want to do. As well, I plan on
"donating" the specialty type spices (cubebs, g.of p., junioper berries,
etc) that may be required.

At least I know now that other people have at least tried this method of
pot luck. Thanks

Caylee

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated