SC - I need some advice and dessert recipes

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Dec 5 07:44:15 PST 1998

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, david friedman wrote:

> At 1:50 PM -0800 12/4/98, Micaylah wrote:
> >Blak Perys (Pears with Carob Cream)
>
> Some of these I don't recognize, and I don't think I hav ever seen a period
> recipe similar to your "Blak Perys." Where are they from? Or are they in
> the "perioid" category?

> David/Cariadoc
> http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

Blak perys is from "Fabulous Feasts", so its authenticity is uncertain at
best.  It consists of baked pear halves filled with carob-flavored whipped
cream.  I had it once or twice at feasts in my early days in the SCA.  It
was quite tasty.  There is a copy of the recipe on the web at
http://users.aol.com/vanishwood/guild/desert.htm#11

Brighid ni Chairain
Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt dot net