SC - new on list

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Tue Dec 8 08:55:44 PST 1998

I have had some success in this two ways.

I almost fully baked the gingerbread (the hard "house" kind from the Good
Houskeeping cookbook) After rolling it real thin, and then as soon as it
came out of the oven I rolled it around a rolling pin, and trimmed it.

I also have made half molds of the tower out of foil, and baked the tower in
two pieces, laying down, and stuck them together with Royal Icing.

The second method is how I made the hull (lapstrake) for a fully rigged
Dragonship, with documentable rigging, spars, mast step, and decks. I also
made thole ports in the top strake, since My model was the Oseberg Drakkar,
in Denmark.

brandu