SC - Molding Spices

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 10:09:15 PST 1998

>I have had some success in this two ways.
>
>I almost fully baked the gingerbread (the hard "house" kind from the Good
>Houskeeping cookbook) After rolling it real thin, and then as soon as it
>came out of the oven I rolled it around a rolling pin, and trimmed it.

Tried it with another recipe.  The baked gingerbread cracked & fell apart.

>I also have made half molds of the tower out of foil, and baked the tower in
>two pieces, laying down, and stuck them together with Royal Icing.

Tried it. Again, the dough slumped & got so distorted in shape as to be
useless. Pity.  I had wanted to stuff the hollow towers with candy for the
kids.
I'll try again next year with a different recipe.

>The second method is how I made the hull (lapstrake) for a fully rigged
>Dragonship, with documentable rigging, spars, mast step, and decks. I also
>made thole ports in the top strake, since My model was the Oseberg Drakkar,
>in Denmark.
>
>brandu
<snip>

Did you take a picture of this?