SC - Burgundy Apple Jelly.

Helen him at gte.net
Wed Dec 9 12:56:19 PST 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> For instance, I know several dozen full grown adults whio suddenly developed
> 'allergies' to aspirin when they discovered that children UNDER 12 had a
> remote possibility of getting Ryes (sp?) Syndrome; many people who are
> 'allergic' to sulphites after the sulphite hoo-ha that can eat grapes, eggs
> and cabbage with out a problem (go figure);

I didn't know that grapes contained sulphites.  Would anyone know if the sulphites
used to make wine come from a natural source in grapes, or strictly processed (ie
chemical components) only?  my best friend is definately allergic to sulfites, and
has problems with eggs, too.  always looking for a substitute.

>  According to a professor I know the odds of getting bit by a
> shark are higher for me than getting struck by lightning in North Central PA
> (actually more people are killed by donkeys in the US than by lightning)

I heard a cool factoid: Men are five times more likely to get hit by lightening
than women.  It has something to do with Ph balance in the skin.  (I got that info
from a Guiness record book that we were flipping through at Nomes and Barbels.
section on the guy who is a park ranger hit by lightening 17 times)