SC - period gingerbread info

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Thu Dec 10 09:15:58 PST 1998

> The ingredient list includes something called " Job's Tear" -
> anybody have a clue as to what that is?
>
> Anybody KNOW how to cook it?
>
> Phlip

Job's Tears is an Asiatic grass with white to light yellow seeds.  They look
like large millet seeds.  The scientific name is Coix lacryma-jobi.  I've
seen pictures of it, but never come across it.

As for cooking the mixed grains, I'd soak them and cook them into a
frumenty.  I have to admit that about the only thing Korean I cook is
bulgogi.  Maybe Adamantius or Ras has the recipe.

Bear