SC - Guild lines from an old book (oop)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 16:12:08 PST 1998

At 01:53 PM 12/11/98 EST, you wrote:>
>1) Decide at the beginning whether you are planning this affair to make
>money for a worthy cause or purely for social purposes. The approach for
>one, obviously, is different from the approach for the other.

I'm not sure SCA feasts should be money making projects.  I think the
decision for most of us might be"can I loose money and how much?"

>2) Organize a committee to help you. Make one person responsible for the
>menu, one for preparation of each course, one for table setting and
>decorations, one for purchasing, one for serving, and one for cleaning
>up. Let each choose her own helpers; she'll work better.

I think the SHE here is funny...any of you men wanna comment?:-)
(SNIP)
I find most of the rest of this helpful and true but I REALLY like the next
part...

10) Greet your guests warmly. Make them welcome. Serve them with care.

>and then a verse I'm going to remember the next time I'm doing the inn or
>my first feast - "With God, all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

Thanks for sharing
Gwyneth
Greywood