SC - Politically correct Guide lines

Helen him at gte.net
Fri Dec 11 19:26:30 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/11/98 7:01:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> So far as, cooking acid foods in aluminum is concerned, acidic foods tend to
>  discolor alu,inum utensils and pans. the food itself takes on a decidedly
>  metallic and unpleasant bitter flavor. It is always a bad idea to use
acidic
>  ingredients in aluminum vessels whether health concerns are an issue or
not.

I've gotten rid of my aluminum years ago, for a combination of reasons. Not
the least of which is the putrescent green it turned a batch of gourd soup we
made. Yes, I was concerned about the first three or four reports of the
aluminum deposits in the nerve sheaths of Alzheimer's patients. Aluminum is
GREAT for airplanes, and I still use aluminum foil, but I don't cook in it.
Everything in my kitchen is stainless or cast iron. I figure that's in my
blood naturally, so how could it hurt?

Corwyn