SC - ???

Marian DeBorah Rosenberg Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Sat Dec 12 01:05:17 PST 1998

Corwyn writes:

>Everything in my kitchen is stainless or cast iron. I figure that's in my
>blood naturally, so how could it hurt?

Speaking as someone who is about to have a liver biopsy to see if I have
haemochromotosis, the answer is, A LOT. Excess iron gets deposited in
various organs, notably the liver and the pancreas among others, and they
stop working. Before you throw out your cast iron though, it's a genetic
disease that makes your body absorb too much iron, rather than being caused
by having too much iron in your food.

Jess
      Jessica Brisbane (Ursula von Auerbach)
Canberra ACT Australia (Politarchopolis Lochac West)

Opportunity knocks but once. Temptation kicks the door in.