SC - barley

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 02:00:16 PST 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My wife and I will be taking a short trip to the
> New Jersey/East Pennsylvania/NYC area between Dec. 17
> and Dec. 29.
>
> We already plan to visit the Cloisters in NYC as well as
> the Metropolitan Museum, both of which are supposed to
> have some SCA period items.

They might, at that ;  ) . I believe there's en exhibit of medieval
Calligraphy and Illumination at the main (reference/research) branch of
the New York Public Library, (the one with the lions) on Fifth Avenue
and 42nd Street, as opposed to the book-checkout-type library across the
street on Fifth and 41st...I'll check for more details.

> Does anyone have any recommendations for any other such
> sites that would be of interest in that area?

You might check the following URL, courtesy of Mar Yeshua of this list:

http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/sca/music/

There should be a calendar of concerts featuring a lot of period music.

Geez, Stefan, is it really December 13th already? I coulda sworn it was
still late October! Stress-induced amnesia, perhaps?

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy