SC - More hunting stories- OOP, OT

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sun Dec 13 19:46:11 PST 1998

At 09:19 AM 12/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

This particular recipe has Betty Crocker written all over it:-)
But I wanted to be able to give an intelligent discussion of it at our next
guild meeting and you all have once again come through for me...What did I
EVER do before I found the cooks list?  I know that I have chicken stew
recipes in period using rice,etc. in the same way this uses barley so I
thought that part of the recipe was "creatively period".

The recipe call for cooking the chicken in oil.  Cook the barley in chicken
broth and serving over the chicken with capers.  I also was unsure about
the capers but they are given as an alternative to add to the flavor of the
dish instead of part of the ingrediants.  It says to sprinkle parmessian
cheese over the the barley/chicken mixture but I KNOW I don't have any
period recipes calling for parmessian cheese.

gwyneth
(trying to stay away from all the fattening food in my kitchen)