SC - Home of Pace Picante-OT

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Mon Dec 21 14:50:53 PST 1998

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Seriously, I have a very simple rule: salsas must not contain vinegar in
> lieu of citrus juice, any more than they should contain capsaicin
> extract because chilis are too expensive (whoops, I forgot: some of them
> do). Cilantro is also a virtual necessity. Read the ingredients,
> folks...I won't even discuss the question of whether any tomatoes should
> be real and ripe.

Ok, I'll got for the real chiles and fresh tomatoes, etc., but does it
HAVE to have cilantro? (whine...) I hate cilantro. I loathe cilantro. I
think it tastes like soap and if I want to eat soap there's plenty in my
bathroom.

'Lainie (who is of German and Norman English extraction and suspects
there's something genetic about wanting to eat that obnoxious herb!)
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731