SC - Re:sharpening sticks-well,that's wot they look like

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Tue Dec 29 11:45:36 PST 1998

Its a stone that is about 5 inches long, sort of flat/square with a handle on
it, and another, smaller piece that is steel and more round-ed but has a
handle,too.  I have never sharpened my own, I always have taken them to this guy
that my grandma went to to have her knives and scissors, etc, sharpened.  there
is a booklet that does have a section on maintenance and sharpening, I will have
to read it, but what you said makes sense. they just look like a sharpening
stick to me coz  I don't know wot I'm looking at.  is there a certain term, or
can they still be sharpening sticks?
oh, yeah, and I got a large wooden spoon for hitting people who wander into the
kitchen.  It's a painted spoon that's about a foot and a half long.  Lisa got it
for me to drive people out of my kitchen. too bad it's painted.  would make a
great stir-er for large pots.

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
> A set of seven including the sharpening stick.Umm, please forgive me if I beat
a dead horse, but as a non-rationalbeing who responds only to pre-set
programming, I have to say this:unless you're talking about a ceramic or diamond
sharpening rod or