SC - Scottish/british food terms

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Dec 29 20:39:39 PST 1998

Yoda says:

>Dear Sir,
  In regard to your seventh grade English teacher, one should remember, in
the
words of that little green guy*, "Size matters not."  When one considers the
number of small, but extremely dangerous, fighters in the SCA, that should
be
doubly evident.

Devra the  Baker  (who is almost 5'9", but not very dangerous herself)<

I am reminded of my first "Offical" meeting with Duke Sir etc. Cariadoc, at
the Known World Cook's Potluck, this year at Pennsic. I had heard from
Adamantius that he wasn't very tall, but when behind me, I heard a voice,
and a couple of phrases which could only come out of the mouth of Cariadoc,
I turned, looked, and had to crank my nose down 45 degrees to look him in
the eye. The man is not a physical giant, but he is quite likely one of the
biggest men I have ever met for his size. There is goodness, and greatness,
in all of us, and I think mere physical measurements are the least of any of
us.

Phlip (who is glad Adamantius is as broad-shouldered as he is, since with
recent doings, I can only get one of his shoulders soggy at a time.)
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom

Southeastern Ohio

Phlip at bright.net

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.