SC fave knives...was Re: SC - Lord Ras- Dicks for Christmas

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Dec 1 05:28:28 PST 1998

re: fave kitchen knives....

my favoritist knife right now, believe it or not, is a reproduction
medieval cooking knife out of Scappi. Lovely curved blade, sharp from tip
to hilt. Birdseye maple handle. Wonderful balance. Same steel the guy makes
swords out of. Can split a chicken or make very short work of a pile of
fresh herbs. I can use it as a bribe..."come help me mince onions and you
can use the cool knife..." :)

I can give you the info on the maker, if you like. He does repro utility
knives as well as cooking knives, in addition to the ubiquitous (and not as
interesting, if you ask me) swords and pikes and stuff.

- --Anne-Marie