SC - Table Puppies

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Wed Dec 2 10:45:47 PST 1998

Diana wrote:

<<
 Speaking of greyhounds, what other dogs would be typical in a Medieval
 household? >>

>	One of our local Laurels raises a period Austrian breed of hunting
dog >called (And I know I'm butchering the spelling!) Vishlas. They look
*very* >much like Wiemeranners (Sp? again), but they are red instead of that
purplish >grey, and slightly smaller. Nice dogs, rather elegant looking,
too.

Also, Schipperke's are period.  My Mistress (Elaina) has a painting on her
wall from period that shows a Schipperke (although it looks different from
the breed now) .  They are little dogs from Belgium.

Murkial
(Whose proud little Schip went with her to a couple events)