OT-Books (was Re: SC - Re:Breakfast at WAR)

Chris Peters cpeters at cinemagnetics.com
Thu Dec 3 05:40:01 PST 1998

Robyn Probert wrote:

>  If you read far enough through Christopher Stasheff's "Warlock"
> series, you realise that their world was started by a bunch of SCA folk on a
> generation ship.

Actually it was started by SCA Members who fled government persecution. Also a
interesting side note. Christopher Stasheff had never even heard of the SCA when he
started the "warlock" series. He only found out at a book signing when several
members came up to him in garb and basically said "You know your writing about us".
They later took him to an event and Voila' it was incorporated.

> And I once was really proud of my own deductions when
> reading Robert Asperin's "Lord Darcy Investigates" (I think it was that one
> anyway), and he was given a pair of pistols engraved with his device, which
> the book gave the blazon for - the lightbulb went off, I grabbed the
> Armorial and looked up the device and sure enough...

Actually a good number of writers of GOOD fantasy and mid level SCI-FI are or have
been members. Must be the atmosphere that leads to creativity or

- --
Duine nach dteann leis an slua
SCA - Padrhaig ne' Killkenny
MKA - Chris Peters