Broccoli - was: SC - Sir Loin...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Dec 3 07:12:03 PST 1998

Chris Peters wrote:

> UHHHHH...............What's been said about broccoli?
>
> Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > (stranger things have
> > happened, like some of what's been said about broccoli ;  ) .)

What's been said is something that could be misinterpreted to suggest
the modern florette "head" broccoli was known and eaten in early period
and in Imperial Rome. It's also been said that florette or "head"
broccoli is the result of hybridization work done by the family of
Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli, which is also a lotta hogw...um, not the
case. An interesting example of how two contradictory statements can
_both_ be false!

Sorry, just one of my buttons...you should see me in rec.food.historic.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com