SC - An old recipie memory

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Dec 3 10:10:59 PST 1998

"Stapleton, Jeanne" wrote:

>         I didn't have a recipe, I was served the dish at a
>         brunch three or four years ago.  The "sauce supreme"
>         they serve at our dining hall on the law campus does
>         in fact go with chicken, but does not have a strong
>         chicken bouillon-y flavor--although I suspect that
>         is the underlying flavoring in the cream sauce.
>
> Berengaria

Talk about the downfall of Western Civilization! We don' need no
steenkeeng bouillon.

Chicken Stock + Blonde Roux = Sauce Veloute
Sauce Veloute + Egg Yolks = Sauce Allemande
Sauce Veloute + Cream = Sauce Supreme
Sauce Supreme + Egg Yolks = Sauce Supreme Glacage (sp?)

A supreme is also the term for a half-chicken-breast "cutlet", usually,
but not always, with the first wing bone attached. Sauce Supreme
traditionally served thereon. By extension other mostly "Boneless"
"cutlets", such as citrus fruit segments freed fom all peel, pith, and
membranes, are also called supremes.

Adamantius ("Put _down_ the pointer, sir, reeaal slow, and step _away_
from the blackboard, and no one's gonna get hurt...")
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com