SC - Christmas Presents

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Dec 5 07:41:13 PST 1998

>>(We have a special dog biscuit shape that we use). <snip>
>
>Thank you!  This might come in handy this Chrsitmas!
>Christianna
>Who is currently trying to nail down her Christmas gifts.
>Dog Bisquits for everyone!  :)

Ok, not dog bisquits for everyone.  But here is my Christmas idea.  Did
anyone ever watch Northern Exposure?  (Great show.) In one episode,
Maggie and Joel get snowed into the small Cicely airport, and have to
spend the night there.  They find a box with a meal in it from Maurice,
who found himself in a similar situation with nothing but C-Rations to
sustain him.  So, he left a box with a real meal in it, and a letter
saying enjoy this if you need it, and replace it in kind.  His box
contained:  Pasta (dried), Bottle of Marinara sauce, can of clams, 2
bottles of wine, tin of pate, box of crackers, and some sort of dessert
(I don't remember what now).  Well, my idea is to put together a meal tin
(I have the containers already), with everything except the meat and
perishilbes, and include recipies and spices.  I have all of my books,
but I'm still stuck for ideas.  I want a 'meal' concept, but don't want
it to be too wierd for those folks on my Christmas list that aren't cooks
(yes, there are a few in my household who aren't cooks, not many, but
without them, who would eat all that food?).  I work in a large health
food store, so I have access to all the neat spices, grains, nuts, and
other 'exotic' ingredients I probably need.  But I'm stuck!
	Anyone care to throw out their 2 cents worth?
Christianna