SC - Molding Spices

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 10:09:15 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/8/98 12:39:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< I have to wonder about the applesauce smelling like food to the insects
 and critters we are prone to here in the south.  Even with a coating of
 Krylon, wouldn't that attract them?  For that matter, I wonder if the
 spices themselves would be attractive to them?
 Christianna

	It can be a problem to some extent--I've had critters nibble on my rose beads
before. But I haven't heard of any problems with the cinnamon ornaments
before, so I would imagine that the spices can act as a deterant. Also, you'd
want to store them in something when not in use, anyway, so choosing something
bug-proof would help. If you decided on zip bags, going for the freezer weight
ones would be a good idea--they tend to work better against chewing.

		Ldy Diana