SC - tuchux

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Dec 8 19:29:23 PST 1998

Helen wrote:

> I thought I was the only one that did not know.  What is it?

Okay, I'll probably make some minor error here which will show my total
ignorance of SCA history, but here goes, to the best of my ability:

The Tuchux are a band, confederation, household, call it what you will,
who happen to play frequently in the SCA milieu, but the game they play
doesn't really fully overlap with what the SCA does. As with the Great
Dark Horde and various other organizations, they do the SCA thing
without owing allegiance to any particular kingdom.

They're sort of the SCA's version of bikers (many are, in fact) and, as
with any large group of such people, many are upright and honorable, and
a few doofuses can earn a questonable reputation for the rest.

In theory they are inspired by a series of science-fiction/fantasy
novels set on a world called Gor.

Tuchux are generally identified by items of clothing such as fur loincloths...

Adamantius
Crown Province of Østgardr, East Kingdom

Argent, an owl displayed guardant sable, between three pheons inverted
gules, all within a bordure sable.
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com