SC - Korean frumenty -OOP

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Wed Dec 9 16:26:36 PST 1998

While at my favorite Asian grocery today, I ran into a bag of various grains
from Korea, which are supposed to be cooked together, and look like nothing
so much as a frumenty to me. The Chinese lady who runs the store couldn't
read the Korean instructions, but she asked a Korean customer what they
said, and in essence, they were to cook the mix in a pressure cooker.
Another lady said that they should be soaked overnight and steamed. The
English on the package was really descriptive- it called the mix "Mixed
Grains". The ingredient list includes something called " Job's Tear" -
anybody have a clue as to what that is?

The ingredients list follows in order of the package ingredients:

Barley
Indian Millet
Sweet Brown Rice
Brown Rice
Job's Tear
Red Beans
Black Beans
Peeled Mung Bean
Black Sweet Rice
Corn
Green Peas

Anybody KNOW how to cook it? How it's usually used? Adamantius, Ras, Ragnar,
Ian, Bear, Christianna, as well as anyone else, your responses are
solicited.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom

Southeastern Ohio

Phlip at bright.net

Consistancy is the last refuge of the unimaginative.