SC - period gingerbread info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Dec 9 23:54:55 PST 1998

> At 9:42 AM -0500 12/7/98, Cindy Renfrow wrote:
>
> >I tried making towers out of gingerbread dough this past week.  (I'm making
> >a gingerbread castle for the kids for Xmas.)  The dough slumped, despite
> >being wrapped around a cardboard & foil mold.
>
> I bet if you used real gingerbrede, instead of that nouvelle cuisine stuff,
> you wouldn't have the problem. Solider than modelling clay, and almost as
> easy to work.
>
> David/Cariadoc

My thoughts too, upon reading this. See folks do listen.

For those who might have missed the period vs. modern gingerbread discussions
here and elsewhere in the past, you might be interested in some of the
comments and recipes that I have placed in this file in the FOOD-SWEET
section of my Florilegium. These are messages from others and not from me.

gingerbread-msg   (31K) 10/28/97    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.

My collection can be found on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Lord Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net