SC - Exchange rates

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Thu Dec 10 13:56:46 PST 1998

At 11:45 19-11-98 -0500, Christianna wrote:
>Just to be argumentative, the exchange rate for dollars to pounds has not
>approached $2 = L1 at any time in the last 13 years.

I was in Scotland from May of '89 until February of '92.  The first time I
bought pounds (at Heathrow, the day I arrived there), the exchange rate was
US$1.55.  It was around US$1.80 when I left - and in between, it had peaked
at around US$2.10.

I'll agree, though, that most prices I saw marked (in pounds) were pretty
much what I would have expected to see (in dollars) - not just at grocers,
but at most stores.

Alasdair mac Iain
(catching up on all the e-mail that came in whilst I was under way)

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable