SC - syrup of roses

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Sun Dec 27 19:32:08 PST 1998

Brenna writes:

>> I've heard that you can buy rose
syrup.  Unfortunately, all I can find is rose water.  Anyone know where I can
buy
the syrup?<<

Rose syrup can be found (at least in the L. A. area) at most supermarkets in
the Middle Eastern food aisle. Middle eastern and Indian groceries also have
it.

The commercial syrup has artificial color and citric acid (vitamin C) added to
it, which makes it quite nasty IMO.  I make a rose syrup and lemon toddy to
fight colds and the commercial stuff makes it come out the most incredible
(and inedible) shade of hot pink.

Renata
Barony of Altavia
Kingdom of Caid