SC - help on this list

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Mon Dec 28 17:17:34 PST 1998

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Brenna wrote:
> >
> > Over the last few weeks, I've discovered something about this list.  Bear with
> > me as I find this incredibly humorous.  I've found that I get wonderful recipies
> > that I don't ask for but when I ask for a recipie that I can't locate any other
> > way....I get the correct spelling that allows me to locate it myself.   The
> > members on this list are great spellers apparently because the spellings I get
> > for the recipies in my area come up with nothing, but the spellings I get on
> > here do the trick.  Someone please explain this, because (frankly) I'm really at
> > a loss here.
>
> Umm, formative years spent in the company of nuns with yardsticks? I've
> always felt that spelling counts. It can tell you (or give you a pretty
> good idea, anyway) the derivation of a word, what language it is
> probably from, etc.

So, you're saying there are people who weren't subject to the blows I took from the
yardsticks?  Seriously, I was given 3 different spellings for Stifado here (all
involving f's instead of the d) which netted me nothing in searches.  Yet, you guys
spelled it right first time out and I got the info I needed within 30 minutes of the
first search I made with the new spelling.

Brenna