SC - introduction

Reia M. Chmielowski kareina at eagle.ptialaska.net
Tue Dec 29 14:54:32 PST 1998

Greetings,

I have just heard about and subscribed to this list, and the welcome message
asked me to send a quick introduction letter.

I am Varakreivita:r Kareina Talvi Tyta:r  (the umlauts have fallen off of their
"a's" for e-mail purposes, and Varakreivita:r is the Finnish equivalent for
Viscountess).  I live in the newly forming Canton of Moroedd Oer (Kotzebue:
just north of the Arctic Circle, on the coast of Alaska).

I have been in the SCA for well over 15 years now.  I've lived in Oertha,
Atenveldt, Oertha, An Tir, and Oertha.  I moved out to Moroedd Oer last
September.  While I have been cooking most of my life, and have made many
period (or period style at any rate) contributions for pot-luck feasts, this
past November marks the first time I've cooked an entire feast for an SCA
event.

The Feast of the Long Nights was Moroedd Oer's third event, its first fully
served feast (three removes) and attracted 30 people!  (Not bad for a town of
3,000 people with no roads connecting it to other communities).

- --Kareina