SC - gingerbrede

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Dec 29 20:50:47 PST 1998

LOL
very true. Max was by tonight and was very pleased to get the brewing recipes,
and he concurs that the oak leaf brew was something to fake out oak cask aging
for a wine. He wasn't sure if he liked the texture of the gingerbrede, but he
liked the flavor and may try to duplicate it in a ginger beer for rob.
margali

> I thought they tasted like honey/granola without the bits of stuff in it.
>
> Elysant

  ps- Ras, I know you have the reflesive 'recipe, documentation' printing macro
in your email program, so here is the recipe she gave me-

gwin dail derw - oak leaf wine
for each gallon:
a quantity of clean brown withered oak leaves gathered from the tree on a dry
day, bruised piece of whole giger, 4 lbs white sugar, 1 lb chopped rasins, 1/2
oz yeast
place the leaves in a china or earthenware vessel and pour sufficient boiling
water over them to cover. infuse for 4-5 days, then strain off through muslin.
Boil this liquid, adding a piece of bruised ginger and 4 lbs of sugar. After 20
minutes boiling, allow to cool to luke warm and return to the earthenware
vessel. Now add the 1 lb of chopped rasins and 1/2 oz yeast.Cover well and allow
to ferment for 16 days, then strain and botle. the wine will be ready to drink
in three months but improves with keeping.