OT-Books (was Re: SC - Re:Breakfast at WAR)

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Dec 2 14:30:59 PST 1998

Someone (Mordonna? Berengaria?) writes:

>>  I know I first heard about the SCA thirty odd years ago by reading an SF
>>  story
>>  that included an SCA theme.  Do not recall if the name SCA was used, but >>  the
>>  action was on Berkley Campus.

and Adamantius responded:

> The book in question souinds like it might be Peter S. Beagle's "The
> Folk of the Air"...

I was thinking it was Marion Zimmer Bradley's "The House Between The Worlds."  That was the first book I read that mentioned the SCA, however briefly; but then, that was before I knew MZB had coined our name... :-)

The oddest place I've ever seen a reference to the SCA is in the final chapter of Heinlein's "Number of the Beast."  Those who've read the chapter know what I'm talking about...  ;-)

OK; I'll get back on topic, really I willl...  ;-)

	- kat