SC - Feast Countdown

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 2 16:36:07 PST 1998

"Stapleton, Jeanne" wrote:

>         ..source for edible gold and silver products?  Nut-
>         candying recipe or source?
>
> Berengaria

Boy, some people want everything ;  )  !

Um, uh, I haven't seen a candied nut recipe, but I have seen various
references to candied nuts, and it's a reasonably safe assumption they
can be candied the same way other seeds are. Again, the recipe is in
Curye on Inglysch, Book V (Goud Kokery), Anise in Counfyt.

Alternately, it occurs to me you might try using gum tragacanth instead
of egg white on toasted nuts.

Edible gold leaf can be bought at most good Indian grocery stores, and
might also be available at:

N.Y. Cake and Baking Center
56 West 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010
(212) 675-CAKE

They _do_ carry gum tragacanth and edible gold glittery stuff. You may
be able to find an online source or one closer to home (Denver, neh?)

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com