SC - Stefan's pointers (was Re: Steers -- I do apologize)

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 4 14:16:45 PST 1998

Diarmaid suggested...
>I don't believe that I was suggesting that you not continue to offer your
>pointers, but as may be seen in your response to my message, things are
>not always taken as they are intended by whom they are sent.  As I said,
>I am confident that you are *not* intending to shut down conversation, and
>are just trying to be helpful -- but that is one way in which such messages,
>phrased as they are, can be taken.  And *trust me*, I've had long experience
>with the differences in how things can be presented and misinterpreted, as
>I'm sure you recall.

I have never thought that Stephan ever indicated to shut down a
conversation. As for how people take things, even with your oh so helpful
suggestion, people will be people and no matter what is said, someone
somewhere has the option of taking things the way not intended. His
references to the Florile&^^&%$( (sorry Stephan) are very helpful and I,
for one, find it almost indespensible. I also don't feel that he needs to
be overly polite to a few select people that require treatment with kid
gloves. Granted courtesy is a given on this list, I don't feel he has ever
been anything but.

As far as legality is concerned this issue is still somewhat clouded at the
moment, but AFAIK, and I'm sure there are others that are more eloquent
than myself that could clear this up, it is not illegal for one to quote
someone in another instance.

So please Stephan, don't stop what your doing. It is a very valuable
service that you do, and I appreciate it immeasurably. Thank you.

Micaylah
Btw, if you wish to take this further, please feel free to email me privately.

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated
By a red-headed woman"
Bruce Springsteen