SC - Black-eyed peas

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Sun Dec 6 07:46:54 PST 1998

Ras said:

>Of course, it helps in the case of black-eyed to realize that they are not
beans at all but are peas which resemble beans in form. <

Are you sure about that, Ras? I was always told that it was the other way
around, that black-eyed peas were actually beans. Also, in my meanderings, I
have found yellow-eyed peas, and Anasazi beans. Anybody know where they came
from? I've been particularly curious about the Anasazi beans, since the
Anasazi are a southwestern Native American tribe, long extinct, and I was
wondering if they might have been found originally at one of their sites.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom

Southeastern Ohio

Phlip at bright.net

Consistancy is the last refuge of the unimaginative.