SC - An introduction and hopefully a quick query

Matthew Legge mlegge at dph.uwa.edu.au
Sun Dec 6 16:39:13 PST 1998

Hello All,

I don't know if new members to the list tend to introduce themselves, but
this is my first post to the list so I thought I would do it anyway.

I'm Maidiu Ruadh of the Barony of Aneala, Princpality of Lochac. (mka
Matthew Legge, Perth Western Australia). SCA interests include archery,
some calligraphy and illumination, and now that I have a new place of my
own, period cooking and brewing.

My query is related to the "Take a Thousand Eggs or More" books, and maybe
"A Sip Through Time". I was browsing the recipes of the cookbooks and was
trying to convert the measurements to metric when I found that there are
two different sets (at least) of pound weights and matching volume measures
in use today. Which one should I use? The one where 2.2 pounds = 1kg or the
other one?

Also one the table dog discussion, has any one paid close attention to the
shape of the two dogs on the table in one of the pages of "Les Tres Riches
heures du Duc de Berry" and the cooked piglets on a plate nearby? :)

Any help would be appreciated.

YIS

Maidiu Ruadh