SC - re: Snapdragons

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 6 17:43:59 PST 1998

Kat commented:

> My thanks to everyone who answered my question on Snapdragons.  Hey, sounds
> like this could be fun!  (And if we forget to do it at the party, aw shucks,
> we're stuck eating the alcohol-soaked fruit by ourselves...  <G>)

Well, that sounds close to the Compost that others have detailed here. And it's
period, if not medieval.

Is there any evidence of fruits being soaked in alcoholic beverages in
medieval times, as opposed to the distilled beverages used in the Renaissance?
Mead, for instance? Sounds like that might be interesting. Perhaps it would
be the lack of citrus fruits that would limit this, but what about apples
or peaches? I'm thinking more about long time storage, not in a dish such
as the pears in wine sauce.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net