SC - A thought for Pennsic

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Tue Dec 8 18:46:05 PST 1998

At 06:36 PM 12/8/98 -0500, Mordonna wrote:
>In a message dated 12/7/98 10:54:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>korrin.daardain at juno.com writes:
>
>> 	BTW: what is a Tuchux.
>>
>>  Korrin S. DaArdain
>
>It's hard to tell in e-mail sometimes.  Is this question tongue-in-cheek, or
>do you really want to know?  From what I do know, I don't think I realllllly
>want to know.

The Tuchux are a group of folks, centered around the Pennsylvania/Maryland
area (but extending beyond it) who play a slightly different game than the
SCA does, but who sometimes join us to play at our events, in addition to
holding events of their own.

We (in the SCA) approach the mindset of truly medieval people the most
closely, IMO, in the degree to which we look askance, criticize, exclude,
and sometimes pillory others who are similar to us in many ways but vary in
doctrinal details that only an insider can truly appreciate.  Scadians,
Tuchux, Marklanders, etc.... we're all "those crazy medieval people" to
most of the rest of the world.

- --Caitlin Cheannlaidir
  caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
  http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/7249

	Interested in making glass beads?
	To join the SCA-Glassworker's List, send "subscribe" as the text of a
	message to <compagnia-request at phosphor-ink.com>