SC - My first feast...(part three):

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Dec 9 13:42:44 PST 1998

Brandu writes:

> The Common wisdom around my barony is that salads are not usually eaten,
> that often almost as much salad is returned to the kitchen uneaten as is
> sent out.   ...<snip>...  I got very little of it back! Boy was I
surprised at that!

Congrats on your feast success, Brandu!

I am beginning to discover (and I'm sure the rest of the list will back me
up here) that any feast advice that begins with "Everyone says" or
"Everyone thinks" is quite often wrong.  I have been warned, repeatedly,
not to EVER serve fish at a feast because "Everyone" hates it.  I don't
know who this "Everyone" dude is, but he sure didn't show up at MY feast;
in fact, I got castigated for not having ENOUGH fish for everyone...  <G>

Good for you for serving something you wanted, no matter what "Everyone"
said.  And double good for you for making a success out of it!

Hugs,

	- kat