SC - OP humorous recipe

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Wed Dec 9 14:24:48 PST 1998

On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 09:22:34 -0600 "Diana
Skaggs"<upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu> writes:
>     To all cooks who have a problem determing when the holiday turkey
>is ready, I offer the following recipe, given to me by my
>gray-haired   grandmother, many years ago:
>
>     Turkey and Stuffing
>     (SNIP)
>     1 cup unpopped popcorn
   (SNIP)
>     Cook for several hours or until the popcorn blows the A** off the
>     turkey!

I got a poem from a friend of mine on this very subject right before
Thanksgiving. Since you brought it up....

 THE TURKEY SHOT OUT OF THE OVEN

  The turkey shot out of the oven
  and rocketed into the air,
  it knocked every plate off the table
  and partly demolished a chair.

  It ricocheted into a corner
  and burst with a deafening boom,
  then splattered all over the kitchen,
  completely obscuring the room.

  It stuck to the walls and the windows,
  it totally coated the floor,
  there was turkey attached to the ceiling,
  where there'd never been turkey before.

  It blanketed every appliance,
  it smeared every saucer and bowl,
  there wasn't a way I could stop it,
  that turkey was out of control.

 I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure,
  and thought with chagrin as I mopped,
  that I'd never again stuff a turkey
  with popcorn that hadn't been popped.
      Author unknown