SC - tuchux

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Fri Dec 11 00:16:41 PST 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:51:05 -0500 Christi Redeker
<Christi.Redeker at digital.com> writes:
>Korrin wrote:
>
>Subject: Re: SC - tuchux
>>Sounds like the rabbit fur bikinis here in An-Tir.
>
>Korrin,
>They are extremely close, sort of.  I met a wonderful lady who was a
tuchux
>that was visiting a friend of mine in Al-Barran 5 years ago.  She wore
fur
>(of all types) and threatened anyone (jokingly) who came near her. She
>guaranteed me a place as an honored slave in her camp if I ever went to
>Pennsic because of my cooking.  She was one of the only ladies in Tuchux
>camp that were not "slaves" to the men in camp and only one of four
women
>at the time that was allowed to carry a knife in camp, because "slaves"
>were not able to carry live steel or any weapon.  But when I told the
>gentleman that I was dating at the time that I was going to camp with
her the
>next year at Tuchux camp for at least a couple of days he was offended
and
>ready to lead a war party up the hill to rescue me from the barbarians.

>All in all, after his and I's break up.  I think I would have rather
>been friends with her than him in the long run.
>
>:D
>Murkial

Ya, now that I think about it the Gor books did have a few free women,
but the majority were slaves. Everyone seems to find the right place for
themselves in the SCA. The slavery/bondage thing is generally frowned
upon here in An-Tir. They sound like a good group of people to be with
for any reason.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com, (www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709)