SC - Butter - yet again

Roy Wessel rwessel at xpert.net
Sun Dec 20 09:40:57 PST 1998

Some time back Lord Ras and Lady Helen wrote about cultured butter as being
closer to what was used in Period than modern sweet cream butter.  The
distinction, if I recall correctly, was that the cultured butter is made
from cream that is allowed to ferment for a few hours before churning.
Also, it contains less water.

Following their advice, I purchased some Organic Valley Unsalted Cultured
Sweet Cream (sic) Butter.  It is indeed delicious, although rather
expensive.  It is also hard to get because of the current shortage of cream.
Give it a try, though, if you can find it in your local health food store or
specialty shop.

Robin Vinehall

W. Roy Wessel                      | rwessel at xpert.net            |
3545 Arthur Court, #3              |  Voice: (303) 444-5004       |
Boulder, CO 80304-2031             |                              |
"Times change: it was once the custom to take a
bath weekly and to exercise  religion daily."
- --C.E."Ted" Andrews