SC - Byzantine cuisine--sources?

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 24 10:43:21 PST 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 24-Dec-98 RE: SC - Byzantine
cuisine-.. by "Decker, Terry D."@Healt
> Anna may have been related to Irene, but there is a good 200 year gap
> between them.  Irene became regent for her son in 780, was deposed in 802
> and died on Lesbos in 803.  Anna was born at the end of the 11th Century and
> died in the middle of the 12th Century.

Ah, I remember Anna tells a story about one of hte emperor's mothers who
is asked by her son to rule, and got the impression that she was much
closer to Anna than 200 years.  Maybe it's another regent.

toodles, margaret