SC - Chillis-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 19:44:57 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/26/98 9:56:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< This is an unusual plant, I'm
 not positive it is a chile, as it grows on a bush, which is perennial,
 doesn't have to be replanted every year.   >>

All Capsicums are  'perennial'. In areas that get get frost, you can put them
in a pot and over winter them. They will usually shed their leaves and  gerow
new ones when brought inside. They are actually a shrub in their native
habitat. I currently have 2 pepper plants growing in pots as shrubs. One is
extraordinarily hot and the other is a miniature sixe sweet pepper that turns
a golden yellow when ripe and has a very pleasant sweet taste. My hot pepper
is on it's third season and the sweet one it;s first season.

Ras